Friday, April 29, 2016

Daddy Saves the Day!

daddyToday I took my son to school. It was like a normal day except it was a bit different. As we are driving to school my son says: "I have a hole in my pants...can we go back and get a new pair pants?!"


I said to my son: "Is it a big hole or small hole?"


He declared loudly:  "It's a small hole!"


I then asked:  "Do we really need new pants then bud!?"


He replied: "No let's go to school!" So we continued our trek to school to drop them off.


Then when we arrived at his school...as he was getting out of the van I noticed the placement of the hole was in the crotch.  He failed to expose this little bit of important information! I then said to him:  "We might be a problem here bud".


He replied to this: "It's fine daddy we're OK".


He then proceeded to try and get out of the van by extending his leg to the ground from the seat  and ripped the hole even larger!  There was NO WAY he was going to be able to cover, hide or in any way disguise this hole now!


I went into full daddy mode thinking: "What can we do? How can we make sure that he's not late for school and he has new pants!?!" Then,  I saw in the trunk of my van a pair of dirty school pants! I declared to him that he needed to very quickly get these pants on take his shoes off  and to "let's go!" after all, we had to get to school on time.


He then began to move very quickly and he rapidly put those dirty, but life-saving pants on himself. As he was putting them on he said to me: "BUT Daddy these pants stink!"


I said boldly and in my best "Daddy Voice":  "Buddy it's all right you got to go to school and it doesn't matter if your pants stink or not, in fact I think they smell fine" (which they did).


Then in that moment, I had a thought of clairvoyance, clearly a daddy moment of all daddy moments! There in my door was a spray bottle of Febreeze and I said son let me Febreeze your pants!


He had one of those Ah hah! moments thinking this might work... this might take the stink out of the pants that saved my butt! He agreed and I sprayed his pants with a nice fresh smell of rain and he walked into school on time daddy saved the day.


Daddy was a hero again! #DaddyLife


Just felt like sharing a fun time with my great son!  All of this is true!

1 comment:

The Many Sayings of Dr. Martin Sanders

  My last picture with Dr. Martin Sanders Two days ago, Dr. Martin Sanders passed away. I knew Martin in several capacities. A mentor of min...