Sunday, January 3, 2010

My 2009!



The year 2009 has come and gone! Where does the time go to?




In 2009:




- I was told that I was going to go down to part time at Living Christ Church



- Started working at Chili's part-time to suppliment income


- Watched my first Blue-Ray Disc movie


- Had A BABY BOY!


- Hilary and I named him: Marvin Elijah Nelson (nickname MJ)


- Took my ordination tests, finished off my paper work for ordination


- Got ordained in the Christian and Missionary Alliance


- Started looking for a new job as a full-time youth pastor


- Interviewed with two churches: West Gate Chapel and Allegheny Center Alliance Church


- Hilary and I prayed for guidance and God led us to Allegheny Center Alliance Church


- Moved from NY to PA


- Hilary and I said sad goodbyes to old friends, church friends and youth group kids


- Hilary and I moved into our new apartment in Pittsburgh, PA


- Started my new job


- Been working here ever since


- Wrote a book


It's been a real tough, sad, happy, trying year for sure! Starting 2009 off by getting a pay-cut and a job addition was bleak at best. Hilary and I had to lean hevily on the cross for confort and guidance as well as lean heavily on one another! God has been good in giving us a new Christian family and a new home...we miss Nyack, NY and the people, but God is good.


My Next post will be of the reccomended books I have from my 2009!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Many Sayings of Dr. Martin Sanders

  My last picture with Dr. Martin Sanders Two days ago, Dr. Martin Sanders passed away. I knew Martin in several capacities. A mentor of min...